Orthocell’s CelGro® scaffold is a unique collagen scaffold that is bio-compatible, bio-absorbable and mechanically strong, allowing for multiple uses either on its own or in combination with autologous cells or growth factors. CelGro® exhibits a number of qualities that make it ideal for use as a tissue reconstruction and repair device. Consequently this highly purified collagen construct has a wide range of uses in orthopaedics, general, gynaecology and ENT surgeries.
Orthocell has developed a next-generation collagen-based scaffold to support tissue growth and repair using our patented CelGro® technology. The CelGro® collagen scaffold is unique from existing commercial collagen-based products.
Its unique characteristics include:
- Completely acellular and therefore devoid of any reactive DNA
- Better tissue in-growth and repair by its defined structure
- Adequate mechanical properties according to tissue specificities
- Improved host tissue integration
- Australian sourced raw materials, which can be reproducibly manufactured in large commercial quantities, thus eliminating disease transmission concerns associated with foreign imports and human cadaveric donations.